
Houlihan's located north on 35, in the Live Oak area across from the forum, is a restaurant that's hidden because of their location. The establishment is tucked away in the corner of the new shopping area being built up in this ever growing suburb. When entering the restaurant one is struck by the rich dark grain wood that is prevalent everywhere, it's what I would imagine a law office would look like without the books. The wait staff tries to put on the errs of a high class joint, but in reality they lack the finer attributes that would make it stuffy. Which makes it a better fit, because the menu is not designed for such a place.
The food is very good. We haven't eaten anything in the restaurant that isn't good. I would recommend the stuff mushrooms as an appetizer, they are huge and are almost a meal in its self. To me the menu does not have any theme or signature meal that allows the restaurant to get its identify. Just a scattering of different dishes that are good on their own, but not designed to breakout into a five course meal. The price is medium to high, but I will guarantee you will not walk away feeling hungry. Again this establishment is a very nice place to eat, not one I would frequent often, but a change to the normal routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment