Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bourbon Street Seafood Kitchen - San Antonio



When entering the building, I thought the place looked kind of weird. The designer, I think, was trying to create an outdoor cafe type setting, and they failed. However, this restaurant, located at 2815 N Loop 1604 E, has created one of my favorite appetizers...Mussels Mariniere. These are cooked in white wine, with lemon and butter sauce, and a touch of red pepper; makes my mouth water just thinking about them. The mussels are mussels, it's the sauce that makes this appetizer special. Normally, Kathy and I can down several little loaves of their very good homemade bread, leaving very little room for the main course.

Now, I've lived in Louisiana for several years, prior to moving to TX, and haven't found too many places, outside LA, that claim to make good Cajun food. But this eatery does the Cajun name justice. I can't say I love everything that is made here, never been a rice fan, but they make a good garlic mash potatoes for people such as myself. The place has something else I really like; with the good food you will enjoy, it has good service. From the manger making sure everyone is being attentive, to the waiter making sure all glasses are filled, these folks do it right. So, if you have a taste for New Orleans, this is the place for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment